Saturday, June 27, 2015

The sun came out today...

guess where I headed?   It was really hot, although there was a cooling breeze and not as humid as it's been the last couple of days, blissful!  There was quite a crowd waiting for the gate to open at 10. 

 Walking from the main gate, there are a row of huge horse chestnut trees, the flowers are going over now but are beautiful!
 this allium is finished too, but still an attractive bloom
 roses
 into the Princess of Wales glasshouse, the giant waterlilies
stunning patterns


 back outside
 lilies
 unopened lilies, these will make a spectacular display soon!
love in a mist
 the rose pergola, in varying stages of openness!


 Veronica, in one of the order beds along side the rose pergola

 Verbascum



 more roses

the water was on at "my" fountain today, first time for a while.
Got carried away with the pictures, the sun on the spray, here are some of them!



 the summer bedding in front of the Palm House is continued in pots around the Lake

 into the Waterlily house, this one caught my eye especially today.
there was an art group in there, drawing with pastels, wish I'd taken some photos of them, they were very good!
 the long lens at full stretch, back towards the fountain, before I headed to the Rose Garden behind the Palm House...
 where lots of the blooms are going over, but some later varieties still looking fabulous (and smelling so too)



 peaking through the trees to the work on the Temperate House
 back to the Lake, and the giant Gunnera Mannicata
 hmmm that fountain again!
sat in the shade of these big trees and listened to the water for a while
 by the Orangery (failing in my bid for an ice cream, there were none available today!)  love the mix of colours here
and some happy daisies!
 this was so pretty!
 the formal beds, lavender and box outside the Georgian splendour of Kew Palace
 and at the bag, more formal gardens, the yellow is cotton lavender, and is so pretty
 love the mix of yellow and purple
 hardy geranium, one of my favourite flowers
and an allium, in the shade of a tree, still in full colour.


that's it for today, next week I'm visiting the Hampton Court Flower Show so that will be another flower-filled post!

9 comments:

jojo79 said...

wow some beautiful photos, love the pictures of your fountain

sam21ski said...

Another great set of photos Helen, glad 'your' fountain was spraying today, it does look stunning. Have never seen waterlilies quite as big as that before and neither have I seen roses as open as the pink ones at the top of the post, but my fave photo from today is the one where the leaves look white and the flower head things are little greeny, whitish clusters of sphere shapes.

Once again TFS, muchly appreciated.

Sam xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing photos with some fantastic close ups. Looks like you had a great day x

craftimamma said...

I knew I was in for a treat when I saw your link pop up on my phone! Gorgeous photos Helen and I agree with Sam, 'your' fountain looks beautiful and would have been so welcome to sit and listen to it today. It's been hot here too but we had to make do with our trickling little water feature, lol! Better than nothing though ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Kirsten said...

Great to see your fountain looking stunning. Wonderful photos as always, the water lilies look amazing, as do all the flowers.

Little Arty Journeys said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your photos - gorgeous colours and textures.

Lucy Edmondson said...

So beautiful, Helen. Glad you had a lovely day. Mum and I have been doing our Kew botanical colouring book today which is táken from the archives. Lovely plates in it.

Lucy x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous photos, Helen! It looks like you had a wonderful day. Your fountain looks wonderful! The only water feature we have here is my cat repellent squeezy bottle to stop birds becoming dinner, lol!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Most of the roses you showed, especially the first ones, were unfamiliar to me and didn't look like roses I'm familiar with at all. But your fountain looked fantastic, as did the HUGE water lilies. Speaking of lilies, my day lilies are just starting to bloom, too. Mine are all orange, but I sure like the pink ones you showed.

As always, I really enjoyed the trip around Kew. I feel like if I ever do go there, I'll already know it from your beautiful photos.