Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spring is coming at Kew

For the first time in ages, today was forecast to be sunny (down south anyway) and warm... and the final weekend of the orchid exhibit at Kew - could be only one place to go...

 took a load more photos of the orchids - so many different colours and patterns.




















this bromeliad is just the shade of Fresco paint Bougainvillea, don't you think?!
 sculpted birds, covered in leaves and petals
the light was shining through the glass roof and lighting the plants really beautifully today


















 Don't remember Kew setting up easels with paper and pencils before, but this lady had a go!
outside, the crocus are in full bloom - swathes of them, (I took loads of them!)









 did some lying down on the path shots too..











 and it wouldn't be Kew without a photo of my favourite spot!
 haven't seen blue sky like this for months!




fabulous morning, and beautiful flowers.






There are early daffodils out too, but mostly they are all still in bud

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

OMGosh was an absolutely fantastic array of colours, love them all and of course your photography skills are fabulous too - lovely xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing photos as always Helen, thanks so much for taking the time to share them x

craftimamma said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos Helen! I really look forward to your photography posts and the ones of Kew in particular. Thanks for sharing them, they're really stunning.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how long it
s been since I visited your photo blog. I had to catch up on both Orchid visits. I had NO idea there were so many varieties of orchids. They are spectacular.

I don't ever remember seeing the huge building on one side of "your" fountain. That reflection was incredible.

I so enjoyed this visit to Kew. It makes me feel like I'm there when I see something I recognize from your previous visits. Thanks for allowing me to come along with you, even if I AM a bit late.