Sunday, October 21, 2012

Glorious Autumn Colours Kew 20.1012

Hello again!  Despite a miserably cloudy overcast day, yesterday at Kew was worth the trip and the photos have come out better than I feared - the trees have changed so much since my last trip the week before last (see previous post)  Here are some of my favourites from yesterday.

 the latest David Nash sculpture to be unveiled in the appropriately but unconnected named Nash Conservatory.  This is made from cork looks incredible close up - there is a timelapse film on the Kew website, of it being installed.
strong colours in the grass garden - I'm not a huge fan of ornamental grasses, but they've come into their own at this time of year.
love this plant with the waterfall backdrop.


such rich colours!
this does look better with a strong blue sky behind it, I need Photoshop!!

 I think this sugar maple is my favourite tree at this time of year - and I can't believe how a) the colour has changed so much in 2 weeks and b) how many leaves it's lost.  Check back to the previous post to see it on 6th October!

I love how you can just see glimpses of the buildings through the tree (in this case, the Temperate House)







 Think this looks even more like a giraffe's legs now, peering through to the Palm House in the distance.


Not sure when I'll get to go back again, or maybe I'll try somewhere different!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, terrific photos, the colours are indeed gorgeous.

Carmen said...

Gorgeous photos. Those colours are just the ultimate pictures of Autumn aren't they :)

sam21ski said...

OMGosh what gorgeous photos, great inspiration

Sam xxx

Cardarian said...

Lovely photos - you did capture the autumn feeling! I went to Kew Gardens years ago with the same intention - to capture the autumn colors - but the autumn that year was sooo dry in England everything was just dull brownish - I think it was 1995! A loooooong time ago! Ha, ha....
Lots of hugs
Cardarian

JoZart Designs said...

Came across this old post and glad I did!
Super pics of your visit to Kew. I haven't managed to get there for years but we did get to Wisley last year and lots of other gardens and National Trust properties. I love looking but we have a gardener now as ours is too much for us. I just potter and give my directions out to him!
Love jo x