Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kew - sun - sculptures - scent

Last weekend I took advantage of a fine forecast (for part of Saturday anyhow) and went to my favourite place for photography- Kew.  After a bit of a delay I finally picked up my photos today and here they are!

So, the sculptures.  This year, Kew's summer exhibition features local born wood sculptor David Nash and the garden and some of the buildings, are dotted with a growing number of sculptures.  They are gorgeous, tactile, and fun! I took 2 whole rolls of film but don't worry, I won't put all 74 photos here....

They do all have names, but I didn't have a pen with me or buy the book!

 this one though I remember, it's called Cork Dome (is made from cork trees) and was stunning, with the sun glinting off the bark. it was my favourite.
 I took this one lying on the grass - luckily, despite all the recent rain, it was dry!



 These ones are placed inside the Temperate House.



The newly re-laid rose garden was fabulous! I wish you could smell the scent - it was heavenly!



 I've always wanted some of these in my garden.


This chap was lazing by the roses - perhaps he liked the scent too!

and my favourite - poppies!


and the vapour trails from the planes heading for Heathrow (actually, probably from Heathrow given the direction) were so powerful against the blue sky, and I love the shape of these clouds too.

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW fabulous photos, love the top few of all the sculptures with all the differing textures.

Sam xxx

Kirsten Alica said...

Terrific photos, the sculptures are fascinating.

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous! I did not know this was on, may have to make a trip it's only down the road to me.

Gina Gao said...

These are great photos. I really enjoyed this post!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com